WARSHIFT FORUM - OFFICIAL COMMUNITY

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Conquest Co-op Campaign
hralDate: Monday, 08.09.2014, 14:38 | Message # 1
Chief
Group: Funders
Awards: 2
I'm always bothered by the fact that when you have a nice time with friends playing for a night or weekend or whatever, at some point the game gets boring. Mostly because there is no link between the maps played.

So would it be possible to have a co-op conquest like campaign ?
I'm giving linkage here.

I'm thinking :

Host is always commander, he decides which territory to attack, but other players can advise.
Players choose a type of hero, that hero can then gain experience and wargear from the missions. Different territories will yield unique bonuses affecting different heroes.

I'm thinking this would make it fun to play 10-20 maps, and there would be a link between all these maps. If you win the last map, you have won the campaign, so you can start a new or play something else...
I just dislike good RTS/FPS/Action multiplayer co-op games getting boring, because the gameplay gets splitted up into X independent chunk, ie. each time you start a new game, nothing from the game before will affect the new one, other than human experience...

It would be really cool, if the game saved which buildings, defenses and so on were built on a map, so if you have to defend that map, your defenses would still be there. But that would be nice-to-have.

The other would be a major major upside bonus if the singleplayer campaign, was in some form available as co-op campaign.

Message edited by hral - Monday, 08.09.2014, 14:38

AdministratorDate: Tuesday, 16.09.2014, 09:34 | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Thanks for a good idea. Technically it is possible. But it requires too much time and money (especially 20 maps & multiplayer coding) to implement this now.  But in the future is possible, with good funding.

As for the visual design of the map that you have shown in link. I have already taken the first step in this direction. A similar card is already implemented in the game, as the menu to select missions in the single player campaign. (I will show it in one of the next updates.) Sectors on it can be linked by storyline. But for this stage, I prefer to give players the opportunity to choose the missions in any order. Just because not all of the missions are equally attractive to the all players and I do not want to keep them waiting.

hralDate: Friday, 26.09.2014, 23:16 | Message # 3
Chief
Group: Funders
Awards: 2
well lets hope for the best with next funding !

I look forward to seeing the mission map.
A suggestion for singleplayer could be that you attack from orbit with the carrier or a transport, that way you are able to strike at anyplace, and thusly able to choose all missions from start.

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

© 2024 Nominia Ltd