WARSHIFT FORUM - OFFICIAL COMMUNITY

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
More love to the Raydon's !
hralDate: Friday, 13.03.2015, 14:45 | Message # 1
Chief
Group: Funders
Awards: 2
1 more hero plz smile maybe a flying one. I seem to remember that the community voted for a virus, would be fun, if you move around as an "undamageable" cloud, and then can enter other units..

Please post ideas for them aliens forces !

Here is some inspiration : 
Tardigrades

AdministratorDate: Saturday, 14.03.2015, 21:02 | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Alien faction requires absolutely fresh and unique (by it's visual design and game mechanics) ideas that was not implemented in other games.

I like your idea about virus cloud, but how do you imagine it in game exactly? As couple of animated particles? What weapons and super-power it should have?

I'm also liked Tardigrades. But they are too faceless and trivial as for Heroes. It more useful as reference for an alien superunit - Ground Carrier. That extremely slowly mowing on the ground and spawn some small combat units near enemy territory.

hralDate: Tuesday, 17.03.2015, 14:12 | Message # 3
Chief
Regarding virus/nanite/spore clouds, graphics wise, yes some kind of particle emitters flying around.
And no collision with other solid object, ie. other characters, npc etc.

Low damage from projectile based weapons, high damage from AoE weapons, if that is possible.
-Weapon 1 (melee) - the basic ingestion attack where the clouds envelops the target and start to break it down.
-Weapon 2 (range) - shoots clusters of its own particles at targets, which burrow into the mass of targets, and starts to do nasty shit inside bodies, electronics etc.
-Weapon 3 (melee) - infect target with infectous nanite spores, which can infect other nearby units, if possible, think "damage over time" effect
Weapon 4 (melee) upgrade of weapon 1, the cloud grows stronger from the mass it absorbs, plus 10 HP's for each enemy killed with this weapon.
Weapon 5 (ranged) ranged infection weapon, which turns enemies into zombies, or just kills them smile

Superpower - Normally the virus cloud fly at a slow rate, to move fast, it shrinks into a solid ball, and launches itself as a cannonball. While in the ball-state the density of the cloud is so high that it can be hit by projectile weapons, and is thus quite vulneable.

Story-Lore for the Hero :
An ancient Raydon experiment crossing nanites with spores. Creating a lifeform based on both Raydon technology nanobots and spliced spores collected from dozes of planets.

The experiment proved highly successful, so succesfull that the created lifeform soon devoured it's Raydon master, and declared itself Lord of that particular Raydon Enclave.
Other Raydon enclaves have since traded with this, and this nanite-spore lifeform have become a part of the Raydon's advanced culture.
Nanite-spores are highly adaptable, and can reconfigurate themselves to the enviroment.
Their primary motivation is to find new genetic configurations of prokaryotic life, and incorporate that into their own.
Secondary motivation is to grow continentsized colonies of fungii, which they use to unknown purposes.
Think mushroom BORG's smile

Regarding ground carrier, I think it's a good idea, but I will post another idea i have had in a seperate thread, which relates to the suggestion you have; ground carrier.

hralDate: Tuesday, 17.03.2015, 14:23 | Message # 4
Chief
Also an idea, it seems that the alien melee units move up in a long line, and are very vulneable until they hit the enemy. Like the zerglings from starcraft.

Would it be possible to implement a feature where aliens can crawl on other aliens, and have a higher movement speed when crawling on allies ? maybe a feature for the critters from the tardigrades gound carrier.

If implemented well, I think it would really make a difference with the aliens, as they would attack in a multilayered wave of death smile

AdministratorDate: Wednesday, 18.03.2015, 13:03 | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Quote hral ()
Would it be possible to implement a feature where aliens can crawl on other aliens, and have a higher movement speed when crawling on allies ?

Technically that's not possible in Unity3d engine. Cause all walkable area for units should be static and pre-calculated in advance.

Here is some reference for virus hero. Code name - "Spirit":

Attachments: 6573485.jpg (142.6 Kb) · 6891199.png (1.37 Mb)

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

© 2024 Nominia Ltd