WARSHIFT FORUM - OFFICIAL COMMUNITY

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
W.I.P. - Co-Op Mode [Playable prototype]
AdministratorDate: Sunday, 15.11.2015, 14:43 | Message # 1
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Lately I received so many requests for Co-Op mode from people. With this in mind I decided to start developing it. And I'm already implemented in the game a playable prototype of Co-Op mode!
It currently supports 3 players per team:
- Server become a Commander who can control the base development and troops, and also he can control its own Avatar.
- Other players become a Combat avatars. They can control only their Avatars.
- On the enemy side can be 1 AI Commander and 1-3 AI Combat avatars. You can flexible setup quantity and type of enemy Avatars and other match settings.
In the single player skirmish mode you also can set up multiple enemy Avatars. And some campaign missions now has 2 enemy Avatars on 'Hard' difficulty mode.
All this required to rework of many gameplay aspects. So, work is not finished yet. Also, skirmish GUI was little changed in accordance with the new requirements, but I hope you will get used to it quickly. Enjoy!

AdallaDate: Saturday, 19.12.2015, 07:38 | Message # 2
Group: Members
Awards: 0
Hello,

Thank you for bringing Co-op gameplay. I bought the game for myself and for my friend on Steam, in order to play Co-Op.

However, when we tried it, there was a bug where we would not take damage against enemy, and also, we would not be able to see same enemies at same time. On my screen, I would see 10 or 15 enemies around my friend, and he would not see any enemies.

This is just to inform you of this bug. I know it is a work in progress.

Thank you for all the hard work. This is best game I have seen in many years. So unique and well made.

Adalla

BattlewrathDate: Sunday, 24.04.2016, 08:00 | Message # 3
Group: Gamers
Quote Adalla ()
However, when we tried it, there was a bug where we would not take damage against enemy, and also, we would not be able to see same enemies at same time. On my screen, I would see 10 or 15 enemies around my friend, and he would not see any enemies.

I can second this - to the point, in my game I got killed and the ARK was destroyed - and I got kicked from the server as the mission failed, my team mate however saw the base as all fine and healthy - and not being blown up!

It was as if there was two different game states for us, maybe a issue with the server not updating the connected clients?

Lemon99Date: Saturday, 30.04.2016, 21:55 | Message # 4
Good afternoon.

I and a friend have a problem with the game. We bought it from Steam and - after a few solo rounds in skirmish - we tried to play coop.

...We found each others room but when we clicked on ''Join'' a very short gamefroze came but nothing happend. We couldn't join each others room.
He said ''maybe something like Hamachi works'' (for a lan-game) so we tried that out as well, but no. We had no success at all. Always was his IP (which the game shows him) ''not possible'' or ''I got the wrong open port''. (No idea how I can change this.)
And by the way, we also tried to create a PvP-game but also that didn't work for us.

I already saw other rooms with more then 1 player in it so it has to work somehow...

I really need help on this one.
Thanks!

AdministratorDate: Sunday, 01.05.2016, 01:07 | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Hi,
There is some useful points for WARSHIFT multiplayer:

FIRST OF ALL:
- You must have public IP address
- Port 2500 on your router must be opened
- You must allow everything in the firewall's pop-up window during the first launch of the game.

If you can't join to the available game:

1. Do not double-clicking! When you clicked 'Join' once, game need some time to make connection. Just wait few seconds..

2. This might be because one of players does not have the correct port open. Check if both of you opened the port 25000 on your routers. Try to shut down your firewall, after that restart your PC.

3. This may occur because of restrictions from the provider (not every router has the right ports forwarded). It is often found when using mobile Networks like 3G/EDGE/4G or WLAN.
In this case user who can't join should try to his own start server and other users must try to join it.

BattlewrathDate: Sunday, 01.05.2016, 19:35 | Message # 6
I think the game should give some instant feed back that it's accepted the request to connect - you click it and it does nothing at all as it processes it - just a text line saying "Connecting" or something like that.

Lemon99Date: Sunday, 01.05.2016, 22:07 | Message # 7
Ok, problem solved. I didn't know there was a YouTube video which explain (more or less) the same as you did in your last post, administrator.

Thanks again. biggrin

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

© 2024 Nominia Ltd