WARSHIFT FORUM - OFFICIAL COMMUNITY

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexDate: Wednesday, 28.08.2013, 01:16 | Message # 1
Group: Funders
Awards: 0
I wanna make a thread where people can post their avatars ideas, since the roster isn't filled out yet.

manicKDate: Sunday, 06.10.2013, 18:08 | Message # 2
Group: Great Funders
could you explain what you mean with this? ingame avatars? forum avatars?

BattlewrathDate: Sunday, 24.04.2016, 07:54 | Message # 3
Group: Gamers

When playing it I feel, as nice as the commander unit is - the lack of flexibility around what you pick should be stated, I'd see game play becoming much more dynamic if you could pick a specific command unit for a task - so one avatar good at being a tank buster, another being a bomber, another being a repair unit - in all, as fluid as the CURRENT avatars are, I don't think all should fit all boxes - flying, walking, water (Much like how the Raider works, but more so worked on that.)

How I'd see this being done? Through the ARK, you have to return to the Ark to change what you're driving, each avatar has it's own XP and upgrades.

End game we could see a building that lets us quickly change avatar.

On the topic of end-game, a system that unlocks more avatars the longer you play, or as you pool resources into their development - or maybe even map points you need to control to open up a specific factory / resource.

More on this, some of the specifications I'd find interesting - 

Logistics - this is a set of avatars who focus on improving the supply lines and/or fortifying areas, having purely defensive skills (Such as building force walls or auto-turrets, mines and the likes.) and repair drones that heal/repair passing units, Command modules (These help with AI pathing, making AI pathing code include these nodes to navigate with.)

Further on logistics, and expanding on the Raider - a flying drop ship that can drop tanks / units.

Combat - As it says on the tin, these are avatars who are combat focues - either pure DPS, Tanky or support

Artillery / area denial - these are siege focused avatars that are more for holding locations or stopping air craft passage.

The bonus to this system is being able to adapt to the needs of the conflict - and less development time on the models as you don't have to create three states and animations of each and every avatar - I'm not saying having /some/ fix-it-all Avatars is not nice - but the fact so far every thing can pretty much fit all roles takes from their uniqueness.

I'd make T-raptor land specific, keep the other two as they are - and maybe turn him from having fans in his thighs to some kind of mortar weapon there.

Just my thoughts, loving the game so far and look forward to see what can come.

Lemon99Date: Monday, 02.05.2016, 00:35 | Message # 4
Group: Gamers
Uh... Could the Administrator maybe create a ''bugs/glitches'' section?
Because my ''glitch'' would fit there better then here.

So... You can suicide your units and your buildings (with the 'Delete' button) .
I played with a buddy now LAN, since I know now how it works, and I... tried something.
I can suicide-kill the Avatar of my buddy. Which leads to extreme trolling.

We all do agree that this has to be impossible, right?

AdministratorDate: Monday, 02.05.2016, 01:12 | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Thanks for reporting! I will work to fix that.

You can post bugs in this sections:
http://warshift.com/forum/10

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

© 2024 Nominia Ltd