WARSHIFT FORUM - OFFICIAL COMMUNITY

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
CONTEST: Best sketch for MOBA-gameplay map!
AdministratorDate: Wednesday, 28.08.2013, 13:02 | Message # 1
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
We announce a new contest for the best sketch for MOBA-style Level!!
End date: 01 November 2013

This is the simplest example of generic map of a MOBA genre game like DOTA, LoL, etc. Yellow lines are the "lanes" where action is focused; teal dots are the defensive "towers" that defend them; orange quarter circles are the teams' bases; and teal corners are the building whose destruction claims victory.

Use some creativity that would make your Levels more interesting and varied.
See some references:

NOTE: It must be your original work! Please do not upload copyrighted works and works found in google!

Award: UNIVERSUM: WAR FRONT - LEADER BUNDLE and Your name in CREDITS.

Attachments: 9631265.jpg (51.6 Kb) · 2710019.jpg (201.8 Kb) · 2913339.jpg (85.9 Kb)

FidgyDate: Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 00:49 | Message # 2
Group: Funders
Awards: 0
Hello there,
this is my crativity for planet "Angora". in one part of the map is a desert with toxic lakes, and in another desert with craters.
hope you like it and sorry for the bad quality and low detail shy

Attachments: 7264478.jpg (720.1 Kb)

Message edited by Fidgy - Wednesday, 04.09.2013, 00:52

AdministratorDate: Friday, 06.09.2013, 16:47 | Message # 3
Site Administrator
Looks good! Waiting for other artworks.

FidgyDate: Saturday, 14.09.2013, 19:53 | Message # 4
It's just another attempt

Attachments: 4681956.jpg (139.9 Kb)

AdministratorDate: Friday, 27.09.2013, 13:46 | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Looks good, but need add some details wink

TreavorwalkerDate: Tuesday, 08.10.2013, 02:50 | Message # 6

Name - Euron
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums....3a0.jpg
So basic explanation of this map there are three control points that each have a cannon that will fire on the opposing factions central tower points are controlled by clicking on the tower and capturing it. the map also has a green area on the map where the maps boss would be located killing the boss(last hit) will grant a small dmg boost along resetting the controlled turrets and undo a turret lock, the yellow circle on the map is the turret lock if this is held no turrets can be captured by opposing forces while it is under control the gamble however is for each tick the opposing team loses an additional 2 health the capturer loses 1 point of health this is a very quick way to elliminate your enemy but also can leave you vulnerable if taken from you on a boss kill and the opposing team holds the lock then your reduced health will rear its ulgy head. so its a game of multi-point map control having just the turrets will not guarantee victory because they can be taken with a carefully planned boss kill and turret lock
Colors -
Orange - alien start
Blue - terran start
Pink - Turrets
Green - Boss
Yellow - Turret lock
Enviroment -

i see this map with a lava-esq feeling on the alien half with floating dirt mountains and lava being shot up into the air making it a very volatile feel where as the terran side would be more of a lost planet kind of feel with a frozen tundra look with huge fuzzy animals trudging along. but in the center there is two snow globe like structures one with lush green grass and trees and one with even more of the lava planet materials inside when a team wins the winning teams dome will be unleashed and transform the planet.
Attachments: 7707142.jpg (155.9 Kb)

Message edited by Treavorwalker - Tuesday, 08.10.2013, 03:11

AdministratorDate: Thursday, 10.10.2013, 11:32 | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Thank you Treavorwalker! You did a great job!

ChronosPhantomDate: Friday, 01.11.2013, 08:20 | Message # 8
Group: Great Funders
This Submission is  By LNDIBGF

If the developerschoose to use these maps in the game, you have my permission to make any
changes necessary for aesthetic value and/or game-play.  If you require further information orexplanation, you are welcome to contact me.

These submissions are  By ChronosPhantom

Details are in the e-mail I sent.
Attachments: 4544893.png (487.5 Kb) · 1374940.png (678.4 Kb) · 6770389.png (624.2 Kb) · 0466120.png (718.9 Kb) · 4520894.png (377.1 Kb)

Message edited by ChronosPhantom - Friday, 01.11.2013, 08:42

AdministratorDate: Friday, 22.11.2013, 23:24 | Message # 9
Site Administrator
It's time to declare a winner!
ChronosPhantom, take my congratulations, cause you've won this contest! king respect
Perhaps, we will use some yours ideas in game for our new planets in future.
So, you will recive your award LEADER BUNDLE, get your name in game CREDITS, and your forum account successfully upgraded to Great Funders account!
Also, thank you to all participants, who take part in this contest.

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

© 2024 Nominia Ltd