WARSHIFT FORUM - OFFICIAL COMMUNITY

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
What style of music do you prefer to see as a soundtrack?
What style of music do you prefer to see as a soundtrack in the game?
1. Orchestral [ 2 ] [14.29%]
2. Rock [ 5 ] [35.71%]
3. Electro [ 4 ] [28.57%]
4. Other [ 3 ] [21.43%]
Answers total: 14
AdministratorDate: Monday, 30.09.2013, 17:57 | Message # 1
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
What style of music do you prefer as a soundtrack in the game?

If you choose the other variant, feel fee to describe it in detail!:)

NOTE: Funders only can take part in this voting! But all, members can post their opinions in this thread.

ChronosPhantomDate: Sunday, 12.01.2014, 07:59 | Message # 2
Group: Great Funders
Awards: 0
First of all, I would like to say that I greatly
enjoyed your theme demo music.  Even if
it does not become the official theme for your game, I would hope that you
would still put it on the soundtrack.

I like all the genres on your list, but since your
sample was rock, and it sounded pretty good, I will vote for rock for the
soundtrack.  However, it would be great
if the other types of music were on the soundtrack as well.

Ragnar6645Date: Wednesday, 18.02.2015, 01:13 | Message # 3
Group: Members
Hello, I'm not a funder, at least not yet(I have not figured out how to donate yet lol) but anyways, since your game breaks free from the boring stagnant run of the mill games that we seem to be stuck with nowadays why not do something a little different with the music as well? There is an out of the norm artist by the name of Lindsey Sterling, who is a hip hop violinist, check her out here https://www.youtube.com/user/lindseystomp. Although, watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lehangivDMo to see what I mean when I say her music goes great with games. She is very talented and I personally listen to her music when I play most games and in my opinion it would be amazing with this game. I also recommend dub step like Skrillix as it works well with 1st/3rd person shooters and action games.

Cvoid_WyvernDate: Thursday, 19.02.2015, 03:50 | Message # 4
Quote Ragnar6645 ()
There is an out of the norm artist by the name of Lindsey Sterling, who is a hip hop violinist
I agree that this can go great with some video games, but her music really fits a fantasy RPG well, not as much for a game like this.  (could work for cutscenes maybe, but not for gameplay)
Quote Ragnar6645 ()
I also recommend dub step like Skrillix as it works well with 1st/3rd person shooters and action games.
Normal dubstep is quite overrated right now (even Skrillex is taking a break from it) although dubstep can be nice for FPS games if used correctly.

Quote Ragnar6645 ()
I'm not a funder, at least not yet(I have not figured out how to donate yet lol)
That's for people who donated to the kickstarter.

Back on topic, I think that having music that has multiple simultaneous genres is appropriate for a game that has multiple simultaneous genres.  For this reason, I would suggest listening to Celldweller if you haven't heard his music before.  He makes Metal/Rock-vs-EDM/Dubstep.  Here's a demo of some of his music: https://soundcloud.com/celldweller/sonix-vol-01-celldweller-demo  I'd also like to say that I think the music for this game so far is extremely good and fitting to the game.

MysteryOneDate: Sunday, 23.10.2016, 11:29 | Message # 5
Uhh.. try mixing perhaps? (other)

AquariusVonRainbowDate: Tuesday, 25.10.2016, 18:55 | Message # 6
Quote Administrator ()
If you choose the other variant, feel fee to describe it in detail! smile

Administrator, well, I think Aviators would be more than happy to do some game soundtrack again, so I'd suggest you to contact him, talk about your game and ask if he'd be that kind to do some instrumentals for this game.

Aviators does very emotional and deep music, allmost in all genres, so style of that music isn't a problem.

www.soundoftheaviators.com

You should probably try a few tracks before mailing. NIKRA and Aetherno are his past game OSTs (well, Aetherno is a game music without a game, buuuut... still.)

PS: Just a throught. wink

PPS: Nice game, RLY.

Message edited by AquariusVonRainbow - Tuesday, 25.10.2016, 18:57

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

© 2024 Nominia Ltd