WARSHIFT FORUM - OFFICIAL COMMUNITY

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Orbital Siege - Mission 0 in Ore Belt
hralDate: Friday, 13.03.2015, 00:52 | Message # 1
Chief
Group: Funders
Awards: 2
The economy needs some sort of energy generation, else you only got what you start with, or maybe it's just me. 

I experienced a bug where I couldn't see the buttons for levelling up skills, maybe it was because I was 10'th level, it persisted, so at 15'th level no skill lvl up sad
Screenshot link

I got more into FPS space controls,  the up is space, down is ctrl, but it feels unatural to me, if the ships nose is pointing down, and the engines up, the ship should fly down IMHO.

Random ideas
-Upgrades for engines, faster movement - boots of speed smile
-Teleport scrolls ? -which could be something like "wormhole stabiliser beacons" ?

- Battlefront 2 - Starwars FPS and space fighter sim, actually did a ok job on some of the space stuff. While the capital ships took a boringly long time to kill, the dogfight fighting around ships, and diving in cover on the underside of ships (why don't the undersides have guns ? smile ) was good fun, and even more when combined with FPS boarding parties.

more stuff to come.

AdministratorDate: Friday, 13.03.2015, 15:25 | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Thank you for your suggestions!

- That is not a bug. Buttons for levelling up skills don’t shown because 10 level is the maximum for skills up. After that you just increase health and energy level.

- Gladiator has additional jet engine behind it's cabine (like F-35). You just cant see it from the back in FPS/TPS mode. Also note that aerodynamics don't have sense in space.

- I'm already experimented with boost of speed. If I don't disable it in current version, you cant try to use button Shift. I'm also thinking about teleports for ground units (Alien faction). But in open space it can be useful too.

- I have couple ideas for economical gameplay in space sectors:
1) Big asteroids with flat surfaces, resources and energy sources, where some buildings can be placed.
2) Large flying platforms, that can be connected to the flying energy sources. (Alien faction already has flying towers that can be connected too). On the flying platforms some buildings can be placed. That also will be useful for grounded sectors to open third dimension for NODE-based gameplay.
3) Special cargo and mining spaceships that can extract resources from asteroids like in classical spaceships.

hralDate: Tuesday, 17.03.2015, 14:14 | Message # 3
Chief
Group: Funders
Awards: 2
Hi, well I can't do a roll or spin the ship around, so it feels more like 2d, not real 3d enviroment.

I think your economical ideas are good, and will look forward to those !

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

© 2024 Nominia Ltd